Seek Justice and Reconciliation
People can experience a fuller life while we are on Earth – we don’t have to wait until we die. God longs for justice for all people
Therefore, the Mission Service will speak out against injustice. We fight not simply the effects of injustice but also the systems and structures that enable injustice. Seeking reconciliation is also an essential part of Salvation Army life. Justice and reconciliation are vital activities to achieving ‘Our Vision’ of ‘fullness of life for all with Jesus’.
See the latest resources, stories and events that focus on this mission priority.
There are so many ways corps and centres can support refugees and asylum seekers. Some ideas that are already happening around the territory include:
- English language classes at no cost
- Safe spaces to make new friends or to enjoy a meal
- Engagement through carer and toddler groups
- Sunday worship
- Midweek activities such as sports sessions or intergenerational activities
- Practical assistance through food banks and baby banks
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or call the helpline 0800 808 3733 if you suspect someone is a victim of modern slavery.
Seeking justice globally
- Helping Hand: Find out how people at your corps, of all ages, can help bring hope to farmers.
- Develop Podcast: Tune in to hear from practitioners around the world as they seek to tackle poverty and injustice.
- Explore It!: 4 weeks’ worth of kids discipleship material exploring social justice issues.
- Cell material focusing on social justice.
- ISJC: Stay connected to the moral and social justice issues affecting the wider Salvation Army.
Other Mission Priorities
At the heart of The Salvation Army’s mission is a passion to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ far and wide.
The Salvation Army responds to people without discrimination. God calls us to be with the people we serve.
People can experience a fuller life while we are on Earth – we don’t have to wait until we die. God longs for justice for all people.
The Salvation Army is committed to helping change attitudes, resulting in a more responsible use of our planet.