A few ideas to help you get your fundraising started
Who to approach?
Friends/Family and Neighbours are probably the easiest sponsors to approach
- Arrange a themed dinner or evening and charge your guests an entry fee e.g. £20.00 each (remember to cover your food/ preparation costs)
- If you have friends or relatives at a local school, see if they would have a dress-down day where each child pays £1.00 to avoid school uniform for the day.
- Have a car-boot sale selling donated items from friends and family.
- You can also see if friends and family are willing to collect sponsorship on your behalf among their friends and family…
- Let your colleagues/ clients know about your challenge.
- Make use of the company intranet and newsletters if possible.
- Your office may be willing to have a ‘dress-down day’ where everyone pays £3 for the privilege!
- If you are a good cook, sell cakes at work…the perfect Friday afternoon treat!
- Guess the baby competition – good for a laugh! Ask colleagues to bring a picture of themselves as a baby & people pay £1.00 to fill in an entry form matching names to faces.
- If your colleagues are sports fans why not organise an inter-departmental football/ netball/tennis tournament and charge everyone to play?
- See if your company offers a match-giving scheme where for every £1.00 you raise your company will sponsor you £1.00 too.
Your local community
- Try writing to your local newspaper with photos and sponsorship details. Please feel free to use The Salvation Army’s own PR and Comminications Office for help with this. For more information please call 0207 367 4700
- Ask you local church/ library/gym to spread the word
- Ask your local supermarket if you could wash their customers’ cars while they shop.
- Bring out the competitive spirit in everyone and hold a quiz night at a local venue – often money can be raised from activities on the night as well as an entrance fee.
And don’t forget to tick the Gift Aid box! For every £10 you raise we can get £12.50!
Take on a skydive
Ride London to Surrey
Ride London to Surrey
Join Team Sally Army in 2018 and take part in this world-class festival of cycling
Virgin Money London Marathon
Join our team and run to rebuild the lives of those experiencing homelessness