If you have lost touch with someone, you can begin your search by contacting us by telephone, email or by downloading an Application Form and sending it to us by post.
Our caseworkers need three key pieces of information about the person being sought:
- Full name
- Date of birth or exact age
- Last known address or location
With this essential information, we can begin the initial process of locating and contacting your relative. Our service is completely confidential.
Searches can take anything from a few days to a number of years. We cannot guarantee we will be successful in finding your relative, but we will, of course, let you know as soon as there is any news to report, whatever the outcome.
Anyone over 18 years old can use the service. We can consider applications from a parent or guardian of someone under 18 years old.
You can also download our Information sheet.
When we can’t help:
- When adoption has taken place
- We cannot search for children under 18 or other ‘vulnerable’ missing people, where a physical search or police involvement would be more appropriate
- We cannot search for ‘possible’ relatives or friends
- We cannot conduct searches for estate, legal or other business purposes
Every enquiry carried out is extremely costly. We therefore request a registration fee of £45.00 for each person sought. For those whose only income is state pension or other state support (evidence should be supplied), the fee is £25.00. In certain circumstances payment may be made in instalments. Donations at the conclusion of our search are always welcome.