'Work for All’ was a cornerstone of William Booth’s social programme. Even today, independent evidence demonstrates that good, worthwhile work is important to physical, mental and spiritual health. The Salvation Army’s belief is that every individual is important to God and helping people to discover self-worth through work, not only improves their self confidence & motivation, but helps contribute to personal, family and community welfare.
As a leading provider within the voluntary sector, with roots into community and a powerful motivation to work ‘with heart to God and hand to man’, The Salvation Army has an opportunity to provide a bridge between unemployed people and the local labour market.
Attending an E+ Local is entirely voluntary and is available to any unemployed person who is looking for work and others who wish to learn new skills. People may attend/join at any time when the E+ Local is open.
Our vision is to work together with local Salvation Army Churches and Community Centres. The primary activities at an E+ Local are to provide back-to-work support and would include:- Provision of computers & internet facilities to assist both in job search and to support the government’s digital strategy
Many more E+ Locals are being rolled out across the country, providing not only that ever needed resource to the local community, but also a superb foundation for further Employment Plus work.
- Local facilities conducive to learning
- Provision of computers & internet facilities to assist both in job search and to support the government’s digital strategy
- A focus on looking for employment and gain the support needed to help find work
- Access to information and guidance on accessing training opportunities to acquire new skills or improve existing ones.
- Resources and advice to apply for jobs, including help in completing job application forms, CV writing and interview techniques.
- A variety of courses e.g confidence building, employability & budgeting skills through e-learning
- A point of reference and an address for homeless jobseekers
- Links with local businesses, training providers & employment agencies
- Chaplaincy services on request
- A warm, relaxed atmosphere with tea, coffee & biscuits
- A place to meet, to share job hunting tips & ideas, exchange skills, find jobs and share experiences