Christmas Present Appeal
Many Salvation Army churches and centres across the UK will be running a Christmas Present Appeal, collecting donated presents until mid-December.
Please support your local Christmas Present Appeal by finding your nearest appeal and donating new, unwrapped toys and gifts for children who might not otherwise receive a Christmas present.
The gifts will then be wrapped and distributed to those in need.
How to find your local appeal
To find out where to donate your gift or for more information on the Christmas Present Appeal please contact your local Salvation Army church or centre.
Please note: not all our centres run the appeal every year
Suggested Gift List for Children and Young People
We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas so we are unable to take used or second hand items for the Christmas Present Appeal.
- 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles
- 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
- 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), CDs & family friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, wordsearch, crosswords
- 9-12: games and toys, stationery, DVDs, books, t-shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats
- 13-16: books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, t-shirts, hair accessories and gift vouchers
Over the years, millions of children and young people have benefited from gifts donated to The Salvation Army.
By giving a gift to our Christmas Present Appeal you can make a real difference in someone’s life at Christmas.
Give a gift and light up a life!
Help us be there for people who are most vulnerable.
Looking for inspiration? We have everything you need to make your fundraising a success.
We work at the heart of communities transforming lives in the name of Jesus
Volunteering with is an amazing way to change other people's lives, and your own.