Financial inclusion services
Providing debt and budgetary advice
We help people in need rebuild their lives financially with our support and advice.
Often, people have been deeply in debt when they first access a Salvation Army Financial Inclusion Service. Sometimes at the point where their home is about to be repossessed, or they are about to be evicted. As a result of the help we provide, people’s lives are often transformed.
Contact us by emailing us at email@example.com to see if there is a Financial Inclusion centre within your area.
What you can expect from us:
- We will act with honesty and integrity, having your best interests at heart at all times.
- All advice given will be based on your own particular circumstances
- All advice given will be free, impartial and confidential*
- We will discuss with you any/all options you may have to solve your debt issues
- We will contact your creditors to ensure they know what is happening at all times and negotiate reduced repayment amounts with them if appropriate.
- Should insolvency be an option we will discuss the process, procedures and implications with you and provide you with a dedicated fact sheet and/or guide
- Should we encounter an issue outside of our expertise we will work with you to find an agency or adviser, who can help, in line with our referral procedure
What we expect from you:
- You will provide all documentation when asked
- You will act with honesty
- You will attend appointments or give us prior warning if you are unable to make an appointment
- Once any debt management plan has been set up you will be responsible for making those payments to your creditors or let us know if you are unable to do so
- You will let us know if there are any changes to your financial circumstances
- Should insolvency be the chosen option you will be responsible for paying, the fees although we will look at possible ways of assisting you to be able to afford it
- You will let us know if there is anything you are unhappy about the service you receive from us
* Subject to any legal disclosure requirements
Free practical advice, working alongside people to help them stay out of debt
Providing the basics and supporting people on a path to dignity and not to dependence
Our cafés and community projects are the front line of the battle against poverty in the UK
We provide tailored support to help you.