Specialist skills volunteering
The Salvation Army has many small and medium-term projects and programmes that would benefit from people with specialist knowledge and skills to help take them forward.
We are looking for people who:
- have a number of employer-supported volunteering hours to use
- have newly acquired or long-established skills they’d like to offer
Whether you can offer us a couple of hours, days or weeks - on a one-off or ongoing basis – we’d love to hear from you. All our current opportunities will be promoted through this page.
Projects you could be involved with include:
- using social media skills to help one of our local services to publicise their events
- using HR recruitment skills to create and upload volunteer adverts for a recruitment campaign
- administrative skills to support a project
- foreign language skills to help with creating documents
In April 2021, six MBA students from Imperial College London worked virtually with our International Department for 9 days in April 2021 to research and complete a business case to recommend ways to take handmade products made in Kenya and Bangladesh to new markets in the UK.
Volunteering with is an amazing way to change other people's lives, and your own.
The Salvation Army is always looking for highly motivated people committed to our aims and values.
Your support will help us continue providing tailored employment advice and support.
Donating to our shops and buying our goods helps you save money, and us save lives.