If you feel called to serve as a spiritual leader, full-time but for a three year, renewable period, this is now possible through the territorial envoy scheme.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 and be able to offer at least 3 years service as a Territorial Envoy. The assessment procedures for territorial envoyship are the same as those applying for officer training. After acceptance as a Territorial Envoy, training will consist of 4 weeks of residential training, 2 in the first year, over an initial 3 year period.
To be considered for territorial envoyship you must:
- Have a clear calling from God
- Be at least 18 years old but service cannot continue full-time past the age of 70.
- Be a soldier with The Salvation Army for two years
- Have the support of your corps officer and divisional leaders
- Be in good health
- Be able to meet the requirements of the screening and selection process
- Be able to attend the residential training programme held at William Booth College for the initial first 3 years of service. It is also a requirement that 40 hours of Continued Personal Development per year are completed as follow up to the residential training. On-going yearly residential training is mandatory for those wishing to extend the initial 3 years of service as a territorial envoy up to the 6 year period.