The Scotland Office
The Scotland Office represents The Salvation Army at a national level in Scotland, as well as interacting with the three Scotland divisions: East Scotland, North Scotland and West Scotland.
- Lockerbie A Lifeline for Many (23 August)
- Our Glasgow chaplain reports from the Homeless World Cup (13 July)
- Ben Macpherson MSP visits our Eagle Lodge Older People's Care Home in Edinburgh (6 July)
- Generous donation in memory of Blantyre man (1 July)
- Moniaive man becomes Salvation Army volunteer of the year (25 May)
What we do
Engage with the Scottish Parliament by responding to proposed legislation and highlighting policy issues. We also work closely with The Salvation Army Public Affairs Unit in London.
Work with other Christian denominations at a national level as a member of Action of Churches Together in Scotland (ACTS)
Coordinate the Scotland Drug and Alcohol Strategy. See a video of how this work helped Alan and read about how it helped Shaun. Hear about some new developments in this radio interview with Lieut-Colonel Jonathan Roberts.
Liaise with the front-line services of The Salvation Army in Scotland, which include...
- 74 church and community centres that, in addition to Sunday worship, offer a range of activities: cafés, breakfast clubs and lunch clubs; charity shops and furniture recycling projects; clubs for children, for youth and for senior citizens; drop-in centres; food banks, food parcels and food distribution; job clubs; parents & toddlers groups and playgroups; street projects.
- 15 centres for homeless people
- three care homes for older people
- emergency response services
- a family tracing service
- a centre for adults with learning disabilities
- a debt advice centre
- an employability and training centre
Scotland Office staff
Lieut-Colonel Carol Bailey (Secretary for Scotland)
Major David Cavanagh (Assistant Secretary for Scotland)
Major Elaine Cavanagh (Well Being Officer)
Mrs Fiona Kennedy (Secretarial Support)
The Scotland Office, 12a Dryden Road, Loanhead, EH20 9LZ
0131 440 9109
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SalArmyScotland/
Latest Salvation Army news
The island is the latest location to have a free, FCA regulated service to help those in need.
The Salvation Army has helped tens of thousands throughout the pandemic.
Top industry award for procurement's pandemic response.
Town Mayor recognises youngster’s voluntary role during pandemic.