Support for adults
Journeying towards faith in Christ and spiritual maturity
Throughout its history The Salvation Army has valued the ministry of women and encouraged a specific ministry amongst women.
In recent years there has been a move towards engaging with men in a similar way addressing the need to see more men coming to faith and being discipled in the church family.
'A variety of engaging resources are available to promote and support these ministries'
- Christian Vision for Men - helping men find their faith
- Connect: Annual resource for mid-week groups
- Connect Plus: Resources for men's and women's ministries
- Family Ministry Songbook and backing tracks Songs to support ministry with mid-week groups
- W Course: Faith development course for women
- Helping Hand Fundraising projects helping those in developing nations
- Family Ministries Calendar - a calendar including scripture verses and prayers
- Domestic Abuse Awareness - Helping those at risk from violence and abuse
Contact us directly for further information or hard copies on the below resources -
- MAD Men: Make a Difference Men's Ministry Programme
- Inspire 5: Ideas for Men's Ministry
- Square books: Resources for pastoral visits
- Women and God Local: To empower local women's ministry
Women and God Conference 2020 – BEING: the person God says you are
The Family Ministries Unit Women and God Conference – BEING: the person God says you are – was cancelled earlier this year, but we are pleased to offer an online worship event.
Find out more and watch it on the Family Ministries Facebook page.
Alternatively you can watch it using this Google drive link.
Commissioner Gill Cotterill Territorial Leader for Leader Development ( UKI)
Commissioner Eva Kleman, European Zonal Secretary for Women’s Ministry (IHQ)
Commissioner Debbie Graves Territorial Secretary for Leader Development ( UKI)
Mrs Rachel Turner ( Bible Reading Fellowship)
The Mother and Daughters Singing Group from Llanelli,
Major David Betteridge and Liz Hall
Worship led by Nathan Betteridge and band.
You can participate in BEING: a People of Praise whenever you like!
The online worship event will remain available for 12 months.
With opportunities to listen, sing if you like, pray and reflect, journal and respond personally and on Facebook comments if that’s helpful, we look forward to ‘spending time’ with you as people of praise.