Our wish this Christmas is that no one should be homeless, hungry or lonely.
We need your help to reach out to the people who are suffering the most by bringing comfort and joy into their lives.
With the current cost-of-living crisis, thousands of people are expected to turn to us for help this Christmas. In over 600 communities across the UK, we will be doing all we can for them, whatever their circumstances.
What we are doing this Christmas
This year we will be supporting people at Christmas by:
- Providing Christmas lunches and companionship to older people living alone.
- Giving Christmas food parcels to families who are struggling to afford a proper Christmas lunch.
- Distributing toys to children whose parents are unable to afford presents this Christmas.
We are also battling to protect thousands of rough sleepers with nowhere to turn by:
- Providing beds for 3,000 people every night in 81 residential hostels, called Lifehouses, across the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
- Offering people a safe, warm alternative to a night on the streets through our emergency provision.
- Providing practical support of hot food, clothing and access todrop-in day centres with access to specialist support.
How you can help
There are a number of ways that you can get involved this Christmas, including: