Christmas Present Appeal
Be a star and donate a toy to our appeal
Many Salvation Army churches and centres across the UK will be running a Christmas Present Appeal, collecting donated presents until mid-December.
Please support your local Christmas Present Appeal by finding your nearest appeal and donating new, unwrapped toys and gifts for children who might not otherwise receive a Christmas present.
The gifts will then be wrapped and distributed to those in need.
How to find your local appeal
To find out where to donate your gift or for more information on the Christmas Present Appeal please contact your local Salvation Army church or centre.
You can search using our Google map below.
Please note: the pandemic means that we are running the appeal differently this year.
Please check your local Salvation Army webpage for details on how and when you can donate a present and to check your nearest centre is taking part.
Due to localised covid-19 restrictions, some corps are asking for JustGiving donations to buy toys rather than physical donations. Please check corps webpage for local present appeal arrangements and deadlines.
Suggested Gift List for Children and Young People
We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas so we are unable to take used or second hand items for the Christmas Present Appeal.
- 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles
- 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
- 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), CDs & family friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, wordsearch, crosswords
- 9-12: games and toys, stationery, DVDs, books, t-shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats
- 13-16: books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, t-shirts, hair accessories and gift vouchers
Over the years, millions of children and young people have benefited from gifts donated to The Salvation Army.
By giving a gift to our Christmas Present Appeal you can make a real difference in someone’s life at Christmas.