Christmas Present Appeal
Be a star and donate a toy to our appeal
Last year, we distributed more than 76,000 gifts! This year, we are expecting the number of families requesting help to rise as a result of the cost of living crisis.
Many Salvation Army churches and centres across the UK will be running a Christmas Present Appeal again in 2023, collecting donated presents until mid-December.
You can help us spread the joy of Christmas to families whose children would otherwise not receive a gift.
Please support your local Christmas Present Appeal by finding your nearest appeal and donating new, unwrapped toys and gifts for children who might not otherwise receive a Christmas present. The gifts will then be wrapped and distributed to those in need.
How to find your local appeal
To find out where to donate your gift or for more information on the Christmas Present Appeal please contact your local Salvation Army. You can search using our Google map to find your nearest participating church below.
Suggested Gift List for Children and Young People
We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas so we are unable to take used or second hand items for the Christmas Present Appeal.
- 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles
- 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
- 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), CDs & family friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, wordsearch, crosswords
- 9-12: games and toys, stationery, DVDs, books, t-shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats
- 13-16: books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, t-shirts, hair accessories and gift vouchers
Over the years, millions of children and young people have benefited from gifts donated to The Salvation Army.
By giving a gift to our Christmas Present Appeal you can make a real difference in someone’s life at Christmas.
Frequently asked questions
The Big Toy Appeal aims to bring the joy of Christmas to children who would otherwise go without.
The Family Appeal is there to help struggling families in Northern Ireland celebrate Christmas.
Find out how you can spread some joy this Christmas with our FREE festive fundraising pack.
Christmas wouldn’t be the same without The Salvation Army. Help us bring joy and hope to those who need it most.