ChurchNot only because you need something, but because you have something to be thankful for.
please expand each section to see what's on
11am Morning Worship
- A lively mixture of prayer, praise, music and readings from the bible
- Service lasts for around 1 hour followed by tea and coffee (and biscuits) in the Whitchurch Room
- Contibutions to this service by children and youth.
- Accompaning music by the Salvation Army Band and piano with additional music by the Songsters (Choir)
5pm Prayer Meeting - The Salvation Army prayer team Basingstoke
Would you like us to pray for you?
Prayer makes a busy life easier
We gather every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month between 4 - 5pm at the Salvation Hall (Whitchurch Room)
6.30pm Evening Worship
9.30am Employment Plus local
- Where? Upstairs at the Salvation Army Hall, Wessex Close
- When? Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 09.30am to 12.30
- We offer resource to find jobs on line, create a CV, formulate a covering letter, create an e mail account.
- Help with fiiling in forms and access to a free phone with individual help.
- In a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with help from people who care and have time for you.
- Who? Anyone can attend if they are looking for work.
1.30pm Baby SongFortnightly in term time (please call for dates)
- BABY-SONG is an Inter-Active Group for Mums (Parents) and Babies to enyoy the many different facets of musid together and be introduced to, and learn to appreciate, the may benifits that music can have in the very early years of childhood
- Children can never be introduced to music too early - the earlier the better - as it can be a tremendous learning aid
- The BABY-SONG Group is open to children of all ages from birth to school age. The session is approximately one hour long followed by refreshments for both the chidren and parents.
- A fee of £1.50 per family is charged for the whole session.
10.30am Over 50s Fellowship
- A club for over 50's meets weekly at 10.30 for tea or coffee followed by the club meeting at 11.00am
- Meet new friends and have fun and laughter together.
- Activities include singing, quizzes, talks from speakers, board games, film watching, going on outings etc.
- A light lunch (optional) is provided at a cost of £1.50 at 12.00 noon.
- Just come along and enjoy good fellowship and friendship.
8pm Songsters (Choir Practice) Note: No Songster Tuesday practice during August
- A time to practise and learn new songs to be sung in the weekly meetings
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please see details listed on Monday
10.30am - 12pm Coffee Stop
- Every Wednesday morning, Coffee Stop takes place between 10.30am and 12.00 noon
- We enjoy tea/coffee, and lovely cakes baked by volunteers.
- Good fellowship, sometimes laughter, and sometimes sharing problems.
- Anyone is welcome so come along and see what goes on for yourself.
9.45am - 11.30am Family Time (Parents & Toddler Club)
- Term time only
12.45pm Lunch Club
- By appointment held every Thursday for Senior Citizens
- 3 Course meal provided at a cost of £3.50
- Places limited, for more information please contact Phyl Blunden on 01256 353489
2.30pm - Home League
- This is a weekly meeting for ladies (but gentlemen are not excluded)
- The following four aims are included a) Worship, b) Education, c) Fellowship, d) Service
- The role of women in society over the years has been a big influence and the Home League provides a Christian influence in all subjects
- A friendly atmosphere is created during the meeting, with singing and interesting talks.
- Held weekly on thursdays between 2.30pm and 3.30pm and includes a cup of tea - Everyone is welcome to come along
8pm Band Practice Note, no Thursday practice during August
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please seedetails listed on Monday
10am Bible Fellowship
- 1st and 3rd Fridays in the month - we do not meet in August
2.30pm Home League Fellowship at Seeviours Court, Whitchurch, RG28 7EA
- 2nd Friday in the month - we do not meet in August
Events October/November & Beyond
Activities over the coming weeks
Sunday 22nd October
This Sunday is our 137th Corps Anniversay led by Majors Geoff and Liz Chape from William Boothe College. Morning Worship is at 11.ooam, a faith tea at 4.00pm and a Praise Concert at 6.00pm (Please note the time). We would love you to help us celebrate
11.00am Morning Worship
4pm Anniversary Faith Tea
6pm Praise Concert (please note the time)
Wed 25th to Friday 27th October
Lt Rob at Territorial Officers Councils in Harrogate.
Sunday 29th October
11.00am - 12.15pm Complete Community - People of the Book. We are what we read. Lieutenant Rob will show how reading the Bible has the power to change you. It would be great to see you there!
6.30 - 7.45pm 20/20 Vision - Generosity Knocks. Money Talks. Lieutenant Rob will help you discover what money might say about you. Why not join us
Wed 8th November
7.30pm Corp Council Meeting.
Sunday 12th November
Saturday 18th November: Central South Youth Councils - Hemel Hempstead
Friday 17th December ***PROPOSED*** Band. Christmas lights switch on at the Malls Shopping Centre
Saturday 2nd December Band. Carolling The Malss Shopping Centre
Friday 15th December. New - Big Collection Standing Day Morrisons -
Sunday 24th December. Addendum. 11.00am - 12.15pm. Morning Worship
Addendum. 5.30pm-6.30pm. Carols by candlelight (time amended)
Monday 25th December. Addendum - 10.30 - 11.15. Christmas Day Service (time amended)
Pre-Loved Salvation Army Uniform items and Assessories
For a copy of the current list of pre-loved uniform clothing and accessories please get in touch with Annie Tarry or Roy Godfrey
Meet the people
our church leaders are committed to transforming the lives of people in their community