ChurchNot only because you need something, but because you have something to be thankful for.
please expand each section to see what's on
11am Morning Worship
- A lively mixture of prayer, praise, music and readings from the bible
- Service lasts for around 1 hour followed by tea and coffee (and biscuits) in the Whitchurch Room
- Contibutions to this service by children and youth.
- Accompaning music by the Salvation Army Band and piano with additional music by the Songsters (Choir)
5pm Prayer Meeting - The Salvation Army prayer team Basingstoke
Would you like us to pray for you?
Prayer makes a busy life easier
We gather every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month between 4 - 5pm at the Salvation Hall (Whitchurch Room)
6.30pm Evening Worship
9.30am Employment Plus local
- Where? Upstairs at the Salvation Army Hall, Wessex Close
- When? Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 09.30am to 12.30
- We offer resource to find jobs on line, create a CV, formulate a covering letter, create an e mail account.
- Help with fiiling in forms and access to a free phone with individual help.
- In a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with help from people who care and have time for you.
- Who? Anyone can attend if they are looking for work.
1.30pm Baby SongFortnightly in term time (please call for dates)
- BABY-SONG is an Inter-Active Group for Mums (Parents) and Babies to enyoy the many different facets of musid together and be introduced to, and learn to appreciate, the may benifits that music can have in the very early years of childhood
- Children can never be introduced to music too early - the earlier the better - as it can be a tremendous learning aid
- The BABY-SONG Group is open to children of all ages from birth to school age. The session is approximately one hour long followed by refreshments for both the chidren and parents.
- A fee of £1.50 per family is charged for the whole session.
10.30am Over 50s Fellowship
- A club for over 50's meets weekly at 10.30 for tea or coffee followed by the club meeting at 11.00am
- Meet new friends and have fun and laughter together.
- Activities include singing, quizzes, talks from speakers, board games, film watching, going on outings etc.
- A light lunch (optional) is provided at a cost of £1.50 at 12.00 noon.
- Just come along and enjoy good fellowship and friendship.
8pm Songsters (Choir Practice) Note: No Songster Tuesday practice during August
- A time to practise and learn new songs to be sung in the weekly meetings
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please see details listed on Monday
10.30am - 12pm Coffee Stop
- Every Wednesday morning, Coffee Stop takes place between 10.30am and 12.00 noon
- We enjoy tea/coffee, and lovely cakes baked by volunteers.
- Good fellowship, sometimes laughter, and sometimes sharing problems.
- Anyone is welcome so come along and see what goes on for yourself.
9.45am - 11.30am Family Time (Parents & Toddler Club)
- Term time only
12.45pm Lunch Club
- By appointment held every Thursday for Senior Citizens
- 3 Course meal provided at a cost of £3.50
- Places limited, for more information please contact Phyl Blunden on 01256 353489
2.30pm - Home League
- This is a weekly meeting for ladies (but gentlemen are not excluded)
- The following four aims are included a) Worship, b) Education, c) Fellowship, d) Service
- The role of women in society over the years has been a big influence and the Home League provides a Christian influence in all subjects
- A friendly atmosphere is created during the meeting, with singing and interesting talks.
- Held weekly on thursdays between 2.30pm and 3.30pm and includes a cup of tea - Everyone is welcome to come along
8pm Band Practice Note, no Thursday practice during August
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please seedetails listed on Monday
10am Bible Fellowship
- 1st and 3rd Fridays in the month - we do not meet in August
2.30pm Home League Fellowship at Seeviours Court, Whitchurch, RG28 7EA
- 2nd Friday in the month - we do not meet in August
Events March & Beyond
Activities over the coming weeks
Friday 9th February - Sunday 1st April
Lent Call to Prayer - Lets rebuild together.
Sunday 18th March
11.00am Morning Worship led by Major Ron Smith
4.30pm Lent Prayer Stations
5.30pm Corporate Prayer
6.30pm Evening Worship led by Derek and Phil Blunden
Wednesday 21st March - Family Ministries Rally, Reading Central Salvation Army
Sunday 25th March Palm Sunday and International Day of Prayer for Children
11.00am Morning Worship: King and Servant. Is Jesus who he says he is? Thanking Jesus that he confounds expectations.
4.30pm Lent Prayer Stations
5.30pm Corporate Prayer
6.30pm Evening Worship led by Grid Youth Group.
Wednesday 28th March
7.30pm-8.45pm Last Seven Days - Easter Meditation led by Band and Songsters
Friday 30th March - 11.00am - 12.15pm Good Friday Meditation.
Sunday 1st April Easter Sunday
8.30am-10.00am Easter Sunday Breakfast. Please sign your name up on the sheet on the noticeboard for catering purposes.
10.30 - 11.45 Easter Sunday Morning Worship (Please note earlier start time)
6.30-7.45 Easter Sunday Songs of Praise.
22nd -24th June Woman and God Weekend. This event is at Hayes Cofernce Centre Swanwick and costs £170 if booked before 1st March (£185 thereafter). Please see LtRob if interested.
If you would like to provide the church flowers for our Alter Table, perhaps for a special occasion (such as birthday, anniversary or remembrance please put your name against your chosen date on the list in the Whitchurch room.
Salvation Army Uniform items and Assessories
For availability of pre-loved uniform clothing and accessories please get in touch with Annie Tarry or Roy Godfrey
Meet the people
our church leaders are committed to transforming the lives of people in their community