ChurchNot only because you need something, but because you have something to be thankful for.
please expand each section to see what's on
11am Morning Worship
- A lively mixture of prayer, praise, music and readings from the bible
- Service lasts for around 1 hour followed by tea and coffee (and biscuits) in the Whitchurch Room
- Contibutions to this service by children and youth.
- Accompaning music by the Salvation Army Band and piano with additional music by the Songsters (Choir)
5pm Prayer Meeting - The Salvation Army prayer team Basingstoke
Would you like us to pray for you?
Prayer makes a busy life easier
We gather every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month between 4 - 5pm at the Salvation Hall (Whitchurch Room)
6.30pm Evening Worship
9.30am Employment Plus local
- Where? Upstairs at the Salvation Army Hall, Wessex Close
- When? Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 09.30am to 12.30
- We offer resource to find jobs on line, create a CV, formulate a covering letter, create an e mail account.
- Help with fiiling in forms and access to a free phone with individual help.
- In a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with help from people who care and have time for you.
- Who? Anyone can attend if they are looking for work.
1.30pm Baby SongFortnightly in term time (please call for dates)
- BABY-SONG is an Inter-Active Group for Mums (Parents) and Babies to enyoy the many different facets of music together and be introduced to, and learn to appreciate, the many benifits that music can have in the very early years of childhood
- Children can never be introduced to music too early - the earlier the better - as it can be a tremendous learning aid
- The BABY-SONG Group is open to children of all ages from birth to school age. The session is approximately one hour long followed by refreshments for both the chidren and parents.
- A fee of £1.50 per family is charged for the whole session.
- 10.30am Over 50s Fellowship (Alternate weeks)
- Just come along and enjoy good fellowship and friendship.
- A light lunch (optional) is provided at a cost of £1.50 at 12.00 noon.
- Activities include singing, quizzes, talks from speakers, board games, film watching, going on outings etc.
- Meet new friends and have fun and laughter together.
- A club for over 50's meets weekly at 10.30 for tea or coffee followed by the club meeting at 11.00am
8pm Songsters (Choir Practice) Note: No Songster Tuesday practice during August
- A time to practise and learn new songs to be sung in the weekly meetings
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please see details listed on Monday
10.30am - 12pm Coffee Stop
- Every Wednesday morning, Coffee Stop takes place between 10.30am and 12.00 noon
- We enjoy tea/coffee, and lovely cakes baked by volunteers.
- Good fellowship, sometimes laughter, and sometimes sharing problems.
- Anyone is welcome so come along and see what goes on for yourself.
9.45am - 11.30am Family Time (Parents & Toddler Club)
- Term time only
12.45pm Lunch Club - Alternate Thursdays
- By appointment held every Thursday for Senior Citizens
- 3 Course meal provided at a cost of £3.50
- Places limited, for more information please contact Phyl Blunden on 01256 353489
2.30pm - Home League
- This is a weekly meeting for ladies (but gentlemen are not excluded)
- The following four aims are included a) Worship, b) Education, c) Fellowship, d) Service
- The role of women in society over the years has been a big influence and the Home League provides a Christian influence in all subjects
- A friendly atmosphere is created during the meeting, with singing and interesting talks.
- Held weekly on thursdays between 2.30pm and 3.30pm and includes a cup of tea - Everyone is welcome to come along
8pm Band Practice Note, no Thursday practice during August
9.30am - 12.30pm Employment Plus Local - Please seedetails listed on Monday
10am Bible Fellowship
- 1st and 3rd Fridays in the month - we do not meet in August
2.30pm Home League Fellowship at Seeviours Court, Whitchurch, RG28 7EA
- 2nd Friday in the month - we do not meet in August
Events February & Beyond
ACTIVITIES FOR THE COMING WEEK
(Lt Rob is on furlough from Saturday 16-Thursday 21 February inclusive)
Monday 18 February
9:30am-12:30pm | Employment Plus
7:30-9pm | Fellowship Band Rehearsal (Reading Lower Earley)
Tuesday 19 February
10:30am-12noon | Over 50’s Club
12noon-1pm | Light Lunch
6-7pm | Young People's Choir Practice
8-9:30pm | Songsters Practice
Wednesday 20 February
9:30am-12:30pm | Employment Plus
Thursday 21 February
9:45-11:30am | Family Time
No Luncheon Club
No Home League
8-9:30pm | Band Practice
Friday 22 February
9:30am-12:30pm | Employment Plus
5:30-7pm | Messy Church
Sunday 24 February
9:45-10:45am | Grid Group
10-10:30am | Outreach Ministry - Abbey Court (Leader: HLS Phyl Blunden)
11am-12:15pm | Morning Worship - New Year, New You: Prayer for a Change (Matthew 6:5-13)
5-6pm | Prayer Group (Leader: Eby Nellikunnil)
6:30-7:45pm | Evening Worship - How To Let Our Corps Grow: Are the Wheels Round? (Ephesians 4:11-16)
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
You can pick up an up-to-date paper copy of the Corps Diary for 2019 from Reception this weekend.
Wednesday 28 February-Friday 1 March
Lt. Rob at Divisional Break for Renewal
Friday 1 March
1:30-4pm | Women's World Day of Prayer Service, United Reformed Church, London Street
Saturday 2 March
9-11am | Saturday Breakfast (organised by Adherents & Friends). Please sign up on the noticeboard for catering purposes.
Sunday 3 March
Self-Denial Missionary Appeal Altar Services
Friday 8 & Saturday 9 March
Standing Days at ASDA Superstore. Please sign up on the noticeboard to help.
Sunday 10 March
Meetings led by Majors Andrew & Ingrid Diaper-Clausen (DHQ)
Saturday 16 March
10am-4pm | Children & Youth Creative Arts Day (Luton Corps)
Sunday 17 March
Exploring Leadership Day (William Booth College)
AMENDMENTS TO THE CORPS DIARY
None this week.
Sunday Morning Coffee - We would welcome more people to join the friendly refreshment team for Sunday mornings. Full training will be given. You may feel you could help with the washing up. Please contact Annie Tarry or Gina Oxer. Thank You
Get Behind The Controls
If anyone is interested in helping run the computer system during Sundays Meetings, p[lease sign up on the sheet in the foyer to receive training. The computer system is pivotal to our meetings so its helpful to have as many people available to run it as possible.
If you would like to provide the church flowers for our Alter Table, perhaps for a special occasion (such as birthday, anniversary or remembrance please put your name against your chosen date on the list in the Whitchurch room.
Salvation Army Uniform items and Assessories
For availability of pre-loved uniform clothing and accessories please get in touch with Annie Tarry or Roy Godfrey
Meet the people
our church leaders are committed to transforming the lives of people in their community