Our use of Fundraise Up
The information here is related to The Salvation Army’s use of Fundraise Up for the purpose of processing one-off or regular donations via our website.
Information we collect and why
When you use this platform to make a donation, we will collect the following information from you:
- Your name and email address (as mandatory) and your telephone number (as optional). Where you agree to Gift Aid a donation, we will – in line with HMRC requirements - ask for your full postal address.
- If given, your consent to send you further direct marketing communications by email. You can also opt-out of future postal contact.
We will only use this information to process your donation and keep a record of it. We do not have access to your financial information, which is securely managed by a recognised payment gateway or credit card agency.
Any consents given will be managed according to our full privacy statement. We will always keep your data safe and secure. You can update your preferences by contacting our Supporter Care Team on 020 7367 4800 or email@example.com.
Suggested donation amounts
The Fundraise Up platform features functionality, known as machine learning, that is able to suggest a donation amount to you, based on analysis of publicly available data related to your location, browser type and device, and website activity and any previous donations made to the Salvation Army through Fundraise Up. This information is only ever used anonymously and in ways that cannot identify any individual.
We use this service in our legitimate interest and in order to support our charitable work. Any suggested donation amount can be ignored. There is no automatic decision making involved in this activity and it will not result in any harmful effects to you.
If you have any concerns over suggested donation amounts, please write to the Head of Privacy and Data Protection at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at The Salvation Army, 101 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6BN.
The Salvation Army deducts a 2.45% plus 10p processing fees from your donation to help cover transaction fees and keep our online donation service secure. When you opt to cover fees we ensure more of your money goes towards helping us be there for more people in our time of need.
These fees include:
- 2% Fundraise Up platform fee (also includes address verification tool)
- 0.45% + 10p transaction fee for UK credit cards.
Data sharing and international transfers
Data is only shared with Fundraise Up for the purposes of service provision. Primary data is processed at a UK-based data centre. Fundraise Up business servers are located and backed-up in North America. The Salvation Army has ensured that adequate and recognised safeguards are in place before any necessary international data transfers take place.
How long do we keep your data?
Data is only kept for as long as it is needed for the purpose is collected. Please see the full privacy statement for further details.
Your rights and contact information
Your full rights are outlined in the full privacy statement but is you have any immediate concerns or questions, please contact the following:
- For queries about this privacy statement or any other data protection issues, please contact the Head of Privacy and Data Protection, email@example.com or by post at The Salvation Army, 101 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6BN.
- For fundraising queries contact the Supporter Care Team on 020 7367 4800; email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post, The Salvation Army, 101 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6BN.
Information Commissioner’s Office (UK)
Water Lane Wilmslow
Cheshire SK9 5AF
or if you are in the Republic of Ireland,
Data Protection Commissioner
Portarlington R32 AP23 Co. Laois
Revised: March 2022