Our approach to care
The Salvation Army has 12 residential care homes and one regulated adult day centre across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
We recognise that every resident is going to have different needs and wishes. That is why we adapt the care we provide to the needs of individual residents. We also encourage them, as far as possible to make their own choices about the way they live their daily lives.
We know that when people come into a care home, they want their families and friends to continue being a part of their lives. This is something we warmly encourage. Relatives and friends are always welcome – not just to visit but, if the resident so wishes, to help with their daily care routine.
Everything we do in our care homes is driven by the needs, abilities and wishes of our residents. When a new resident comes into a home, we work with them, and with their family, friend or representative, to draw up a care plan suited to their own individual needs. The plan will set out a number of personal objectives that the resident wants to achieve and explain what we will do to make it possible. The plan will then be monitored and reviewed regularly to ensure that the resident is enjoying the best possible quality of life.
We give our residents the opportunity to widen their range of interests – to do new things, to see new places and generally to enrich their lives.
Every Salvation Army care home has a varied programme of activities, from keep fit sessions, to art and craft classes, to musical evenings, to visits to local historic homes and gardens, which residents can join in if they wish.
Our homes provide constant, round the clock care for all the older people in our care. Our staff are fully trained to give our residents all the care they will need – and this includes not just physical care, but emotional and spiritual support.
- We have integrity in everything we do; we are reliable, trustworthy, transparent and honest in our personal and business relationships
- We are accountable to God in every area of our lives and to others in all our dealings
- We have compassion for all people
- We are passionate about unconditionally demonstrating God's love for everyone
- We have respect for people and planet; we see God-given potential in every person and we act as stewards of the environment
- We are bold in proclaiming the gospel in everything we do and in fighting for social justice