At Gloucester House we are passionate about igniting the unique potential of every individual. We aim to inspire clients to embrace on-going change, to build a new life free from addiction.
What do we offer?
- Education and training courses
- Creative workshops, including pottery, art, community allotment, counselling, gardening/allotment and pet therapy
- External activities including country walks, cinema outings & other activities.
- Food training, including good food management, a hygiene certificate and cooking lessons
- Financial skills, including debt management
- IT assessment: our goal is that ever client leaves with the minimum of an email account and access to the internet
- Literacy Classes, giving clients the opportunity to gain qualifications
- Our aim is to help individuals to understand meaning and purpose of life through daily reflection sessions, mindfulness, guided relaxation and meditation.
- Resettlement Support through supported move-on organisations
- Structured day program for local people
- in the vicinity
- Family support e.g. family conferences
Who do we help?
- Drug and alcohol addictions
- Over the age of 18 years
- Male only
- All faiths
What makes us special?
- single occupancy rooms
- all-male clientele
- location in a small market town
- community support
- dual diagnosis clients accepted (details on enquiry)
- over fifty years experience
- education and support facilities
- occupational therapy
Living with Addiction
Trevor was able to overcome his addictions and rebuild his life
Read Trevor's story
Here at Gloucester House, we offer
We offer a bespoke 12 Step integrated primary and secondary stage program from between three to six months.
- 1-2-1 Weekly Counseling Sessions
- Daily Teaching Groups on a variety of topics
- Client Process Groups to help improve interpersonal communication.
- Weekly Client Community Consultation
- 12 Step peer-mentor led groups in which clients work through assignments
- Clients will also attend AA, NA and CA Fellowship Groups
- Groups and 1-2-1 sessions available
- Opportunity to offer peer support to new clients
- Opportunity for independent living in our move-on facility
- Voluntary work in the community
Enabling people to move forward with their lives, whether in the UK or back in their home country