- Fullness of life for all with Jesus
- To share the good news
- To serve others without discrimination
- To nurture disciples of Jesus
- To care for creation
- To seek justice and reconciliation
Where we are
56 West Street
Lieutenant Hannah Stannard
We have a number of events taking place over the Advent and Christmas period. Details are below.
We have a number of activities during the Advent and Christmas period. Details are listed below.
- Saturday 25th November - Christmas Pop Up Charity Shop
We are holding our next (and last of 2023) Charity Pop Up Shop on Saturday 25th November. Our doors are open between 10am and 12noon. We have a selection of clothes, shoes, toys, books, games, jigsaw puzzles and bric-a-brac. In our lower hall we will have Christmas decorations and items on sale, and cakes. We will also be serving teas, coffees and bacon / fried egg sandwiches for only £1.
- Saturday 2nd December - Carolling in Deal High Street
Our band will be playing Christmas Carols in Deal High Street from 9.30am.
- Sunday 3rd December - 1st Sunday of Advent
We are holding our usual Sunday morning worship at 10.30am.
- Friday 8th December - Carols at St Mary's Church, Woodensborough
Our band will be playing carols at St Mary's Church.
- Saturday 9th December - Carolling at The Guildhall, Sandwich
Our band will be playing Christmas Carols in The Guildhall Square in the morning.
- Sunday 17th December - Children's Carol Service
Our Children's Carol Service takes place at 10.30am. The service is led by our Sunday School children and will include a nativity presentation.
- Sunday 17th December - Carols by Candlelight
Our Carols by Candlelight takes place at 6pm.
- Saturday 23rd December - Carolling, Deal Market
Our band will be playing Christmas Carols at Deal Market from 9am
- Saturday 24th December - Come and listen to Christmas
In place of our usual Sunday morning service we will spend an informal hour listening to Christmas carols and music. We are open from 10am and the music will start at 10.30am. We will be also sharing in tea, coffee and mince pies.
- Monday 25th December
10.30am - Our Christmas Day service takes place at 10.30am.
12.30pm - We hold a Christmas Day dnner for those who would otherwise be on their own. If you, or someone you know, would like to attend, please get in touch.
You can make a donation to us via our own Just Giving page. This can be accessed via the following QR Code.
You can view our Facebook page by clicking on the button below.
Please have a look through our page, we would also be delighted if you would like to follow us or like any of our posts.
10:30am Sunday Worship - our Sunday morning worship meeting starts at 10.30am (our hall is open from 10am). Our meeting lasts between 1 and 1 1/2 hours and is followed by tea, coffee and biscuits.
10.30am Sunday School - our Sunday School starts with the children being in our worship meeting and then leave for Sunday School in our lower hall.
The list below is a summary of our weekday activities. More details of each activity can be found on each individual page.
10am - 11am Hall open for prayer
2pm - 3pm Home and Family Meeting
7.30pm - 9pm Band Practice & Songster (Choir) practice - alternates fortnightly
3.30pm - 6.00pm Deal Family Dinner.
7.00pm - 8.30pm Prayer & Bible Fellowship
10.30am - 12.30pm Coffee and Chat
1pm - 3pm Support and Advice. Held on the 2nd Friday each month.
Our hall in West Street is open every Monday morning between 10am and 11am for prayer.
You are welcome to come in at any time between 10am and 11am and stay for as long or as short a time as you wish.
You can spend time in quietness with your own thoughts and prayers, but you can also ask for someone to pray with you.
If you are not able to come in person but would still like something to be prayed for you can do so by e-mail or post or pop a note through our letterbox.
We hold an informal meeting every Tuesday afternoon between 2pm and 3pm.
More details, including photos, of some of the above activities can be found on our Facebook page - 'The Salvation Army - Deal'
We have a small brass band and songsters (choir).
We rehearse on Tuesday evenings alternating between Band and Songsters.
You are welcome to come and listen to our band practice.
You are welcome to come and listen to our songster practice or join in singing with us if you would like to.
Our Deal Family Dinner (formally known as our 'Drop In') is now open every Wednesday from 3.30pm to 6pm.
We provide a free meal, drinks and opportunity to chat. Everyone is welcome.
We usually post each week on our Facebook page what our menu for the current week will be, so please visit our Facebook page for more details - search 'The Salvation Army - Deal'
We will have Christmas Dinner on our Menu for Wednesday 20th December.
We will then have a break for 2 weeks, there will be no Deal Family Dinner on Wednesday 27th December or Wednesday 3rd January. We will recommence on Wednesday 10th January 2024.
We hold a Prayer and Bible Fellowship every Wednesday in our lower hall between 7pm and 8.30pm
We hold "Coffee and Chat" every Friday in our lower hall between 10.30am and 12.30pm.
Tea and Coffee cost only 50p and there are complementary biscuits.
Each week there may be other light snacks available for sale - e.g. toast, crumpets, sandwiches.
A support and advice service takes place in our lower hall on the 2nd Friday of every month between 1pm and 3pm.
We have a representative from Employment Plus who can provide advice on work and benefits.
We can also signpost people to other services.
There is no need to make an appointment, if there is something you think we might be able to help with, just pop in for a tea, coffee and a chat.
We do not have a permanent Charity Shop in Deal. However, we hold a series of 'Pop Up' Charity Shop events at our hall in West Street.
Our 'pop up' charity shop events take place once a month on a Saturday morning between 10am and 12noon.
Our next dates are: -
- Saturday 7th October
- Saturday 4th November
- Saturday 25th November (please note this is a change from previously advertised date of Saturday 2nd December - this change is due to other commitments on that date).
If you wish to make a financial donation specifically to Deal Salvation Army you can do so by one of the following means:-
- Cheque - send a cheque made payable to Deal Salvation Army and either drop it through our letter box at our hall in West Street, or post to Deal Salvation Army, West Street, Deal. CT14 6AZ
- Electronically - you can pay direct from your bank using the following details.
- Sort Code - 60-01-73
- Account No - 00178123
- **Important** For any donation to reach Deal Salvation Army you will also need to add the following details into the 'Payee Ref' - DE01 11000 AAA
We have very limited storage space at our halls, and are therefore limited to the amount of donations we can accept.
- We are currently accepting donations of women's and children's clothes.
- We are not able to take donations of furniture or larger items.
What happens to your donations?
We operate a 3 tier system:-
- We will seek to match any donation with a person we know is currently in need of that item.
- We will put the item into our Pop Up Charity Shop, which we hold monthly.
- If we do not have someone in need of the item, or it is not suitable for the Pop Up Shop, or has not sold in the Pop Up Shop then we have it collected by a recycling company for which we receive payment.
Therefore as far as possible your donation will benefit someone directly or by enabling us to raise funds for our community work. This system has resulted in us dramatically reducing the amount of material we throw away as rubbish. This helps us to meet one of our priorities of 'caring for God's creation.'
You can use one of the Salvation Army clothing banks if your prefer.
Salvation Army clothing banks are located at the following locations: -
- Tides Leisure Centre Car Park, Victoria Park, Deal
- Car Park, Union Road, Deal
- Borrow Pits Car Park, Kingsdown Road, Deal
- Mill Hill Co-op, Beauchamp Avenue, Deal
- Guildhall Car Park, Cattlemarket, Sandwich
- Gazen Salts Car Park, Strand Street, Sandwich
- Co-operative Store, Moat Sole, Sandwich
We have a number of groups who use our hall.
- Sing for Pleasure - 2pm to 3pm (in our upper hall)
- Alcoholics Anonymous - 7pm to 9pm (in our lower hall)
- Lets go escaroit CIC - 10am to 11am - French speaking support group (in our lower hall)
- 4th Deal Rainbows & Brownies - 5pm to 6.30pm (in our lower hall)
- 7th Deal Guides - 7pm to 8.30pm (in our lower hall)
Clicking on the following buttons will take you to other Salvation Army websites etc that you might find interesting.