This Christmas we want to reach out to the people who are suffering the most by bringing joy and hope into their lives.
With the current cost-of-living crisis, thousands of people are expected to turn to The Salvation Army for help this winter. In over 650 communities across the UK, we will be doing all we can for them, whatever their circumstances.
We will be working hard to provide food parcels, practical support and somewhere to sleep for people who are homeless this Christmas.
What we are doing this Christmas
This year we will be supporting people at Christmas by:
- Providing Christmas lunches and companionship to older people living alone.
- Giving Christmas food parcels to families who are struggling to afford a proper Christmas lunch.
- Distributing toys to children whose parents are unable to afford presents this Christmas.
We are also battling to protect thousands of rough sleepers with nowhere to turn by:
- Developing a new initiative of nap pads providing hot food, blankets and hygiene kits.
- Running drop-in day centres with access to specialist help.
- Working with local authorities to seek alternatives to night shelter provision.
How you can help
There are a number of ways that you can get involved this Christmas, including: