The Salvation Army is usually to be found at the heart of the local community, providing a warm welcome and an offer of hope to everyone. Each Salvation Army corps (church) provides a service which is based on the needs of the local community, and no two corps are the same!
Many of our programmes are run by people who freely give of their time and talents, and whatever your skills or passions there is a place for you! Some of the opportunities you will find in this section are:
- Corps cafes – various roles from café supervisor and café helpers
- Lunch clubs – these may be roles involving cooking, serving and meeting and greeting the clients
- Food banks – helping to stock the bank, stock taking, welcoming and supporting clients, delivery
- Befriending services – you will find both remote and in person roles.
We currently have befriending opportunities for Enabled “Keeping in Touch” volunteers who provide telephone contact for people living with a disability.
Enabled is a member-led organisation that provides spiritual and social fellowship for people with a disability and their carers whilst cultivating an inclusive attitude and approach for people with a disability.
For more information about the role click here
- Gardening or handyman roles – keeping the grounds neat and tidy and doing some basic maintenance.
Volunteering with is an amazing way to change other people's lives, and your own.
Help us be there to support the most vulnerable members of society.
Donating to our shops and buying our goods helps you save money, and us save lives.
The Salvation Army is always looking for highly motivated people committed to our aims and values.