The Salvation Army has over 200 community charity shops around the UK and Ireland.
Our friendly shops are great places for people of all ages and abilities to volunteer – whether it be work experience (some shops will take school students from age 14 years), summer holiday volunteering in vacations from school and university or regular volunteering on a weekly basis.
Find your place with us
Whatever your skill set you will find a role within our charity shops. You will not only be helping to raise funds to help the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our communities but you’ll be helping the environment too.
Some of the fab tasks that our volunteer charity shop assistants get involved with:
- Creating inviting themed and seasonal window displays
- Greeting and helping customers
- Promoting the shop using social media
- Spotting and promoting fashion brands
- Keeping the shop clean and tidy
- operating the till
- sorting and pricing donations of clothing, books and bric-a-brac
- Making minor repairs to and cleaning donated items ready for sale
- providing great customer service by providing a friendly face to customers
It really is a great way of meeting new people, using existing skills or trying out and gaining some new ones. For young people it also provides some useful volunteering experience to put on your CV ready for your first or next career move.
Whether it is 1 hour or 10 hours a week we want to hear from you.
We just ask that your views are in sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Salvation Army. Interested? Check out our roles today. Just click SEARCH to find the latest opportunities or pop into your local Salvation Army charity shop.
Donating to our shops and buying our goods helps you save money, and us save lives.
Reuse and recycle with us to protect the environment, while helping us transform lives.
Help us be there to support the most vulnerable members of society.
Volunteering with is an amazing way to change other people's lives, and your own.