For the purposes of The Data Protection Act 1998 as amended (the “Act), the data controller is The Salvation Army Trustee Company acting in its capacity as trustee of The Salvation Army Trust (Central Funds) (registered charity number 214779 and in Scotland SC009359) and The Salvation Army Social Work Trust (registered charity number 215174 and in Scotland SC037691) under number Z6106837. If you have any questions about it, please contact our nominated representative at 101 Newington Causeway London SE1 6BN; email email@example.com, or telephone 020 7367 4500.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or making donations through our website and salvationarmyappeals.org.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, (such as publications, sponsorship events/applications and email newsletters), make a donation to us and when you report a problem with our site. It also includes information you provide when completing the resource order forms, legacy forms and details provided on the International Development Unit. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information;
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; pages response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with other third parties (including for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers,) and may receive information about you from them.
- We may collect your personal data when you subscribe to any of our services that we provide for example, at our lifehouses, centres and hostels and will provide information about this when you apply for those services.
- We may also collect your personal data when you apply for job with us to process job applications and to monitor recruitment statistics.
USES MADE OF THIS INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts, charitable services or charitable giving entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including to process donations to the relevant registered charity (or refunds in line with our refunds policy);
- for fundraising purposes – please see our Supporter Promise below;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or information about The Salvation Army and its campaigns;
- for administrative purposes;
- for internal record keeping and to manage feedback and complaints;
- to provide you with information about The Salvation Army and how you can support us. This may include communications through the post or by email or we may serve fundraising messages to you through social media, such as your Facebook account or through online display ads. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact our Supporter Care Team on 020 7367 4800; email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Supporter Care Team, The Salvation Army, 101 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6BN;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information.
- to administer our site;
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, donor profiling/matching, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising about The Salvation Army that we provide to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Here at The Salvation Army, our supporters are, quite literally, our lifeblood. Our work spans the whole of the UK, parts of the Republic of Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man. We have over 700 centres which deliver services to people and communities, day-in, day-out. This costs money and to a large degree, that is money that is donated to us. So our main concern is making sure that we make it easy and rewarding for the public to support the work of The Salvation Army and ensuring we are respectful of the ways in which the public want to support us. The last thing we would ever want our supporters to feel is that we take them for granted. We value every contribution. Therefore, in our fundraising, we want to ensure our supporters do not feel used, or over-burdened or unappreciated. Without you, our supporters, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do.
The Salvation Army is registered with the Fundraising Regulator, which has regulatory responsibility for fundraising, to show our continuing commitment to fundraising to the highest possible standards and adhering to the Code of Fundraising Practice and the Fundraising Promise.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or fulfilment of any donation provided by you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and send relevant adverts about The Salvation Army to you and others. We may use such aggregate information to help advertisers analyse our advertising and to reach the kind of audience we want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of personal data we have collected from you to enable us to display Salvation Army advertisements to that target audience; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- In some circumstances we may be obliged to disclose information or undertake more detailed monitoring under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 or Freedom of Information Act 2000 as amended.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transaction of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transaction is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and appropriate security controls to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Any credit card details we receive through our website are passed securely to our partners who are compliant with Payment Card Industry Security Standards to fulfil and process donation. For more information please see here
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for our marketing of The Salvation Army information and literature. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting the Supporter Care Team on 020 7367 4800, email; email@example.com or by post at 101 Newington Causeway London SE1 6BN.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.