- Our Glasgow chaplain reports from the Homeless World Cup (13 July)
- Ben Macpherson MSP visits our Eagle Lodge Older People's Care Home in Edinburgh (6 July)
- Generous donation in memory of Blantyre man (1 July)
- Moniaive man becomes Salvation Army volunteer of the year (25 May)
- Salvation Army projects take starring role at North Scotland Congress (18 May)
What we do
Engage with the Scottish Parliament by responding to proposed legislation and highlighting policy issues. We also work closely with The Salvation Army Public Affairs Unit in London.
- View our recent consultation responses
Work with other Christian denominations at a national level as a member of Action of Churches Together in Scotland (ACTS)
Facilitate Mission Scotland, which emphasises three mission priorities: disciple-making corps, children's and youth mission, and life-changing social mission.
Coordinate the Scotland Drug and Alcohol Strategy. See a video of how this work helped Alan and read about how it helped Shaun. Hear about some new developments in this radio interview with Lieut-Colonel Jonathan Roberts.
Liaise with the front-line services of The Salvation Army in Scotland, which include...
- 74 church and community centres that, in addition to Sunday worship, offer a range of activities: cafés, breakfast clubs and lunch clubs; charity shops and furniture recycling projects; clubs for children, for youth and for senior citizens; drop-in centres; food banks, food parcels and food distribution; job clubs; parents & toddlers groups and playgroups; street projects.
- 15 centres for homeless people
- three care homes for older people
- emergency response services
- a family tracing service
- a centre for adults with learning disabilities
- a debt advice centre
- an employability and training centre
Scotland Office staff
Lieut-Colonel Carol Bailey (Secretary for Scotland)
Major Steven Turner (Assistant to the Secretary for Scotland)
Mrs Fiona Kennedy (Administrative Assistant)