The London Marathon is the UK's landmark race, and the world’s most famous marathon.
Each year 35,000 runners take part and thousands of cheering spectators line the iconic course through central London from Blackheath to The Mall: the atmosphere is, quite simply, incredible.
Join #TeamSallyArmy with your own place
The London Marathon ballot places have been released. If you are someone who has applied in the ballot or know someone who has and receive the fantastic news that you’ve secured a place we will be thrilled if you would join our team.
By running for Team Sally Army with your own place you can support our vital work of supporting those affected by homelessness or alternatively you can support a local Salvation Army project of your choice. Our team will be supporting you every step of the way and make sure you have an incredible marathon experience. Join Team Sally Army by filling out this short form.
Apply for one of our charity places
Unfortunately all of our charity places have now gone! We would still love to have you as part of one of our other running teams and have spaces in the Edinburgh marathon Festival and the Royal Parks Half Marathon, or you can check out our other challenge events here.
Why we need your support
A different Salvation Army project is chosen every year to receive funds raised by our marathon runners and our 2018 beneficiary project will be homelessness services
Homelessness is a reality of our society. From street homelessness to those battling addiction, the services we offer put the person and their needs at the centre of their support - enabling people to take control of their life circumstances.
By running for The Salvation Army you will be joining our mission to support individuals to build a new life. Do something amazing, run the greatest marathon in the world and help us to rebuild the lives of those experiencing homelessness.
- When: April 22nd 2018
- Distance: 26.2 miles
- Charity Place Commitment: £50 registration fee plus the sponsorship pledge
- Own Place Commitment: We are grateful for any sponsorship you are able to raise
- Ski Holiday Reward: We're thrilled that the awesome Snowbizz - the family Ski Holiday Specialists are providing us with a holiday for two (T's and C's) as a reward to our highest fundraiser
As part of 'Team Sally Army' we offer:
- Discounted accommodation in London for the night before and/or the night of the race (offered on a first come, first served basis)
- A FREE breathable Salvation Army running vest with your name on it
- A fundraising pack containing lots of great fundraising tips and ideas
- A dedicated London Marathon rep to give you fundraising support
- Our incredible Cheer Squad support on race day
- A Salvation Army goody bag and medal
- Fantastic team camaraderie
Ski Holiday Reward
We're absolutely thrilled that for a second year running the awesome Snowbizz - the Family Ski Holiday Specialists are providing us with a holiday for two (Terms and Conditions apply) This will be rewarded to our highest fundraiser as appreciation for your fantastic fundraising effort!
By running and fundraising for us, you are teaming up with a real force for good in today's world and you will help us literally transform lives!