The London Marathon is the UK's landmark race, and the world’s most famous marathon.
Each year 35,000 runners take part and thousands of cheering spectators line the iconic course through central London from Blackheath to The Mall: the atmosphere is, quite simply, incredible.
Join our team in 2019
Run for #TeamSallyArmy in 2019! Register your interest today in one of our charity places.
Why we need your support
A different Salvation Army project is chosen every year to receive funds raised by our marathon runners and our 2019 beneficiary project will be our anti-human trafficking service.
Modern Slavery is not just a problem in other countries. It exists in our own, local communities here in the UK. It is inconceivable to think that today, woman, men and children are treated as commodities – bought and sold to satisfy the greed and desires of others.
By running for The Salvation Army you will be joining our mission to support individuals to build a new life. Do something amazing, run the greatest marathon in the world and help us to protect and care for vulnerable victims of modern slavery.
- When: April 2019
- Distance: 26.2 miles
- Charity Place Commitment: £50 registration fee plus the sponsorship pledge
- Own Place Commitment: We are grateful for any sponsorship you are able to raise
- Ski Holiday Reward: We're thrilled that the awesome Snowbizz - the family Ski Holiday Specialists are providing us with a holiday for two (T's and C's) as a reward to our highest fundraiser (see below)
- £100 sports voucher will then be awarded to the next top 3 fundraisers
As part of 'Team Sally Army' we offer:
- Discounted accommodation in London for the night before and/or the night of the race (offered on a first come, first served basis)
- A FREE breathable Salvation Army running vest with your name on it
- A fundraising pack containing lots of great fundraising tips and ideas
- A dedicated London Marathon rep to give you fundraising support
- Our incredible Cheer Squad support on race day
- A Salvation Army goody bag and medal
- Fantastic team camaraderie
For our fundraising terms and conditions please click here
Ski Holiday Reward
We're absolutely thrilled that for a second year running the awesome Snowbizz - the Family Ski Holiday Specialists are providing us with a holiday for two (Terms and Conditions apply) This will be rewarded to our highest fundraiser as appreciation for your fantastic fundraising effort!
£100 sports vouchers will then be awarded to the next top 3 fundraisers.