Join Team Sally Army and trek along one of the Seven Wonders of the World in an incredible experience that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Leave your mark in history by helping to rebuild the Great Wall.
If you have a passion for history and a sense of adventure, then this trek will give you the opportunity to discover China’s hidden charms, astounding cultural past and traditions.
Whether you have a personal connection with The Salvation Army or whether you just believe in the good work that we do, joining our team of like-minded individuals as we take on a 5 day trek of the wall enjoying breath-taking views over the Yanshan mountains, picturesque watch towers and a hike towards Heaven’s Ladder will be a truly unforgettable experience.
As part of this already magnificent challenge you will be involved in helping to restore this Wonder of the World by placing a brick in the wall leaving your mark, for all time.
At the end of the Trek you’ll even have the opportunity to reward your phenomenal fundraising and trekking efforts with exploring the Forbidden City and Beijing!
- When: Sunday 28th October – Monday 5th November 2018
- Where: China
- Highlights: Trek one of the Seven Wonders of the World and leave your mark in history by helping to rebuild the Great Wall! This will be an unforgettable experience!
- Commitment: £299 registration fee plus target sponsorship
The whole trip will be an experience of a lifetime, with the money raised going to support our vital work with our Emergency Response Services, which attend national UK major emergencies and disasters. The vehicles and volunteers support the emergencies services with on-site refreshments and emotional support at the incident site.
The Salvation Army’s Emergency vehicles attend between 170-200 call outs per year, some of which are listed below:
Finsbury Park Attack
Grenfell Tower fire
Flooding in South East and South West Britain
(Alternatively you may wish to support a local Salvation Army project; the choice is up to you).
How we’ll support you
Our dedicated team will support you every step of the way. We’ll make sure you feel as prepared as possible with all your training and fundraising and provide you with:
- A #TrekChina t-shirt to wear on your challenge
- A support pack full of fundraising and training advice
- Fundraising materials
- Regular advice and support from a dedicated member of the team
- A pre-event get-together, where you can find out more about the challenge, swap training and fundraising tips and get to know your fellow trekkers.