Ski Holiday Promotion
- This promotion is open to UK residents who are aged 18 or over. You must have a valid passport.
- To be eligible for the reward, you must participate in the Virgin Money London Marathon in April 2018 (the “Event”) and fundraise for The Salvation Army in connection with the Event, using either the “Charity Place Commitment” route (which includes a registration fee and raising a minimum sponsorship amount) or the “Own Place Commitment” route. You can find the closing date to enter the Event on Virgin Money’s site at https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/how-to-enter/ballot-entry/ . You must fundraise using either Virgin Money Giving or Just Giving. You must also either complete the enquiry form on our website at https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/virgin-money-london-marathon or fill in an “own place” registration form here https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/own-place-registration-form. The deadline for us to receive sponsorship money is Tuesday 22 May 2018.
- The recipient of the reward will be the individual who raises the highest amount in sponsorship which is actually received by The Salvation Army on or before Tuesday 22 May 2018 through the Event, via the relevant Virgin Money Giving and/or Just Giving on-line donation pages (including sums which are registered on those pages as off-line giving and including Gift Aid). In the unlikely event of the same highest amount being raised by more than one individual, the recipient will be the person whose name is picked at random by The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army will notify the recipient no later than 6 weeks after the Event.
- The “Promoter” is The Salvation Army (The Salvation Army Trustee Company) of 101 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6BN. The reward will be organised by Snowbizz Vacances Limited, who is the organiser of the trip. Snowbizz’s address is 69 High Street Maxey, Peterborough PE6 9EE – see here http://snowbizz.co.uk/contact-us/ for contact details.
- Reward: the reward is a ski holiday for two people to Puy St Vincent 1600m in France (see http://snowbizz.co.uk/accommodation/) and comprises:
- Two economy class return flights from Gatwick airport to Turin, flying out at 06.25 on Saturday 6 January 2019 and back at 10.35 on Saturday 13 January 2019.
- transfers between the local airport and the apartment
- 7 nights' self-catering accommodation in a 1-bed apartment at the Sun Vallée Apartments (3.5 stars).
- The reward therefore excludes: travel insurance; travel between your home and Gatwick; meals; ski school; ski pack; childcare and other services and expenses. Ski school, ski pack and childcare can however be booked at the recipient’s cost from Snowbizz, as can accommodation for any additional people (subject to availability).
- There is no cash alternative. The reward must be taken as stated and cannot be transferred to any person unless Snowbizz agrees.
- The recipient must provide Snowbizz (by emailing email@example.com or ringing 01778 341455 during business hours) with the names of the people travelling no later than 7 days after he or she has been notified by The Salvation Army that he/she has won. He/she must accept Snowbizz’s booking terms in order to be awarded the reward.
- If the recipient is unable to travel on the specified dates, Snowbizz will as a goodwill gesture and where practicable offer alternative dates, subject to availability, but there is no guarantee that this will be possible.
- If Snowbizz has not received the names within that 7-day period, or the recipient does not accept its booking terms, or he/she tells Snowbizz that he/she does not want the reward, then he/she will have forfeited the reward and the Promoter may choose to offer it to the next highest fundraiser (who will then be considered to be the recipient for the purposes of these terms) or may choose to use the reward for other fundraising purposes. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter as to who is the recipient is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will make available on request the name and county of the recipient and by taking part in this promotion, you agree to this.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable to the recipient for any loss or damage whatsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with this promotion and the reward.
- The Promoter will hold and use your data in order to run this promotion. If you have consented to other uses when filling in the enquiry form referred to above, we may also hold and use it in accordance with the preferences which you stated on the form.
Terms to include on the web page close to details of the promotion
Reward consists of 2 return flights from Gatwick to Turin, flying out at 06.25 on 6/1/19 only, and 7 nights’ self-catering accommodation at Puy St Vincent in France. Flights, transfers and accommodation only.