Through our partners we provide safehouses for victims of modern slavery across the country.
The Council of Europe Convention requires that potential and actual victims of modern slavery have specific entitlements to support. These include:
- Material assistance
- Access to psychological support
- Access to legal advice and assistance
- Emergency medical treatment
- Education for the victim’s children
- Translation and interpretation services when appropriate.
We also look to provide activities for people in our safehouses, such as social events, days out, assistance with job searches and CV writing if appropriate, as well as emotional and spiritual support if requested. From the moment victims enter our safehouses, they are given advice and support to prepare them for when they have to leave the service to continue their recovery.