Coronavirus crisis: Urgent Appeal
help us be there for those hardest hit
We have always been there for the most vulnerable but now thousands more people suddenly fall into that category and urgently need our help.
We have transformed our response to ensure we are directly reaching those hit the hardest by the coronavirus.
- Our foodbanks are expanding and we are using our local networks to reach people who can no longer feed themselves or their families and are cut off from other sources of help.
- We are opening our buildings to become safe night shelters for homeless people, with space for healthy separation.
- Homeless day centres are now offering doorstep health advice and offering food parcels while night time soup runs are delivering hot food at a safe distance from our emergency response vehicles.
- At a time when thousands have lost their job overnight, our Employability service, Employment Plus continues to offer telephone and online support.
- Our Debt Advice Service is helping people work out how to pay their next bill.