Coronavirus: Resources for Lockdown
Here is a range of new and existing resources to help you connect with God and each other during these unusual times.
Use them to deepen your faith and strengthen your relationship with others - whether on your own, with family, or meeting online through virtual gatherings or small groups.
New resources for Individuals & Families
In this podcast we consider how, in the face of a global pandemic, we can face change, move through suffering, receive joy and mature in service.
Combine your daily devotions with physical exercise during the pandemic with this resource adapted from Romans 12:1-2.
New resources for Groups
Compelling Bible resources for ages 12 - 25. The current material is specially adapted for engaging with your group online.
New discipleship material for online children’s groups. This will help your group to interact, grow and have fun together.
A wide range of games and activities to use during online sessions with youth and children’s groups.
Other Group Resources
If you are looking for material to engage with your group, then the following existing material could also easily be used and adapted to explore with your group.
The 2020 focus is 'Infinitely More' based on Ephesians 3:14-21 and Colossians 3:1-3.
A video-based discipleship resource to help groups explore searching questions about life and faith through sport.
Volume 2 of the video-based discipleship resource that help groups explore searching questions about life and faith through sport.
A healthy approach to boys' wellbeing, Upbeat helps 13-16 year old young men develop their emotional literacy.
Resources for Online Ministry
A page to help start the online ministry of local Salvation Army churches.
A page to help maximise the online ministry of local Salvation Army churches.
Handy guides to help you run Zoom small groups online.
Here are a number of other sites and resources which you may also find helpful at this time:
- Salvation Army International Headquarters - COVID-19 updates from around the world and ideas for prayer, caring for others and keeping safe.
- YourNeighbour.org - A network of over 1000 churches coordinating a response to the Covid-19 crisis, with resources, a helpline, online events and guidance.
- Daily Hope - A free phone line from Faith in Later Life with hymns, prayers, reflections and advice about Covid-19, plus a welcome message from the Archbishop of Canterbury. It is available for anyone but is designed particularly with older people in mind – many of whom do not have access to the internet.
- 24-7 Prayer - Resources, prayers and more to help you and your community pray in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, plus Lectio 365 - A daily devotional resource that helps you pray the Bible every day.
- Thy Kingdom Come - An array of resources for you to use in your church services, including a welcome, prayers, hymns, sermons, orders of service, songs, liturgy and blessings. Featuring Matt Redman, His Holiness Pope Francis and the Archbishops of Canterbury & York.
- LICC - Find online resources to help you love and grow during this time.
Please contact us if you have any other resources to recommend during this time, or if there are resources that you would find helpful to support your discipleship and ministry.
Other Useful Links
The Salvation Army is not in retreat on the Coronavirus
We are working hard to support the people hit hardest by the coronavirus.
People on the margins of society need us now more than ever.
Wellbeing is the fulfilment of Christ's offer of 'abundant life' (John 10:10).