Prudential My RideLondon
The first ever virtual edition of Prudential RideLondon – the world’s greatest festival of cycling – will take place on 15 and 16 August (the event weekend) to celebrate cycling and raise funds to help save the UK’s charities.
The Salvation Army, like many other charities, has been hugely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic as fundraising events such as Prudential RideLondon have been either postponed or cancelled. My RideLondon offers our wonderful supporters, of all ages and abilities, the opportunity to take part in a fantastic challenge and raise crucial funds for our charity.
Participants over the age of 18 can also stand a chance to win one of 25 top-quality prizes which includes a brand new Brompton Bicycle valued at more than £1,000!
So what are you waiting for? Do something amazing and join #TeamSallyArmy in this exciting virtual event!
Watch the promo video below for inspiration:
How does it work?
My Prudential RideLondon includes four challenges for all ages and abilities that participants can do on a route of their choice, wherever they are in the world, on either 15 or 16 August:
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100: 100-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46: 46-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 19: 19-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle: An event that allows you to set your own challenge (starting from 1km) on the wheels of your choice: bikes, push scooters, skateboards, trikes, balance bikes, roller skates, wheelchairs or anything that is self-propelled (e-bikes are fine too).
How do I take part?
You can sign up by going to the My RideLondon website and clicking "REGISTER NOW" - it's as simple as that! Once you have registered you can also set up your Virgin Money Giving page where you can raise those vital funds by sharing the page with family and friends.
Once you have signed up, you will be able to download the new My Prudential RideLondon app in the event week.
This will give every participant and supporter a unique ride day experience, including:
- A GPS function that enables friends and family to follow your progress on the virtual Prudential RideLondon route
- Creation of a personalised Prudential RideLondon certificate that shows your completed route and ride time
- Selfie frames to give you personalised Prudential RideLondon finisher photographs
- Direct donation button through to each rider’s Virgin Money Giving fundraising page