Christine Thomas, Territorial Appeals Officer for The Salvation Army, said: “The Salvation Army is determined to help transform the lives of even more people in our communities. We see the whole person not just their needs – helping people to live life in all its fullness, and treating people in need with compassion and respect."
Salvation Army members will be using a variety of fundraising methods, including making visits in their communities and entertaining high street shoppers with lively band music.
Through a network of over 800 churches and community centres, we offer compassionate support, a listening ear and practical help to those in need. Our work includes:
- Supporting men, women and families who are experiencing homelessness
- Running care homes and day centres for older people
- Reuniting families through our Family Tracing Service
- Offering training and advice to people looking for sustained employment
- Providing a place of safety for adult victims of modern slavery.
You can support our Big Collection by texting BCOL17 and the amount you want to donate to 70070.
For more information about the Big Collection, please contact Christine Thomas: 020 7367 4800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org