Activate - designed with a number of purposes:
- To explore aspects of being a Christian to enable them to make a personal choice
- To journey and help a child discover what it means to live a Christ-centred life
- To help a child understand what it means to be a member of The Salvation Army as a junior soldier.
Activate has 6 sessions:
- God Loves me – helps the child understand that God loves them and they are unique.
- Choices – To show that we have to decide whether to choose forgiveness and follow God.
- Growing as a Christian – to understand that we need the help of the Holy Spirit to grow spiritually.
- More about growing – to recognize the importance of prayer and Bible reading to Christian growth.
- Living for Jesus – to encourage young people to think about every aspect of their lifestyle.
- Getting to know the Army – to understand something of the mission of the Salvation Army and how we can be involved in it.
The resources consist of a Leader’s guide and resource pack, children’s workbooks (3 different levels), a prayer card, a promise card and enrolment certificate. Two leaflets for parents are included: This is The Salvation Army and What on Earth is a Junior Soldier.